Scottsdale Ranch General Info | FAQ

What are the boundaries of Scottsdale Ranch?
Our West border is 96th street, North border is Shea, East border is 108th and 112th and the Salt River Pima Indian Community is our South border.

What is in the Mercado?
The most current list of our Mercado Merchants is in the latest issue of our Magazine.  There are several restaurants, an ATM for Bank of America, a drugstore, a gas station, gym, preschool, salon, mail office, barbershop, shoe repair and more.

What events does SRCA do for residents?
SRCA maintains over 100 acres of landscaped common areas, a 42-acre lake and Community Center.  SRCA also hosts events year-round for our residents.  To view the current event schedule, please go to our website and click ‘events.’

Where do I vote?
To find your polling location, please visit the Maricopa County Recorder’s website:


Administration & Annual Assessment | FAQ

Who is my management company?
Scottsdale Ranch is made up of many sub-associations, some with their own management.  To find a sub-association’s management contact information, go to and click on ‘Resident Resources’ then click on ‘Sub-Association Contact List.’

How do I pay my Annual Assessment?
The annual assessment fee for Scottsdale Ranch is $463.00 and is due January 1st of each year. We mail invoices to all owners in early December, we also post the payment and due date information on our website and publish the information in our Scottsdale Ranch Magazine starting with the October/November issue.

Payments can be made several different ways.  Homeowners can mail their check made payable to SRCA:

Scottsdale Ranch Community Association
P.O. Box 98199
Phoenix, AZ 85038-0199

Payment can also be made through automatic withdrawal by completing an ACH Form, which can be found on our website under ‘Resident Resources → SRCA Documents and Forms → Assessments,’ and submitting a voided check to the administrative office.

The SRCA office cannot accept credit or debit card payments for assessments; however, you may access the First Citizens Bank payment portal online payment service at There is no charge for processing payments made with an eCheck; credit card payments incur a processing fee which is collected by the bank.

First Citizens Bank Contact information:  General Office 866-800-4656


Rules & Enforcement (CC&R) | FAQ

Who do I contact about a street light outage?
First, you will want to see what numbers are on the light-pole.  For numbers beginning with ID or SA: contact the Arizona Public Service at 602-371-7171; For numbers beginning with SS: contact the City of Scottsdale at 480-312-5620.  If the outage is related to a large green or beige transformer in the front side of yard area, contact the Arizona Public Service at 602-371-7171. We can report to the city for them but we need the number(s) on the streetlight.

Can I have a garage sale, other than the SRCA Community Wide Sale?
Yes, residents can have yard sales anytime they like, however are only allowed one physical sign in their front yard.  They are not allowed to have any other signage other than, for example, craigslist or newspapers.  We also encourage you to visit our classified section of the website and list your sale there.

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?
The Scottsdale Ranch Rules define an abandoned vehicle as ‘any vehicle without current required license plates and tags; or that is inoperable, unused, stripped, scrapped, junked, discarded, dismantled, wrenched, on blocks or similar devices, or vehicles with deflated tires.’ Please call SRCA Homeowner Liaison with information such as the address where the vehicle is located, and we will address this with the vehicle owner.

The City of Scottsdale considers any vehicle parked on a public street that does move for a 24-hour period or that meets the above criteria to be abandoned. Please call the Scottsdale Police non-emergency number, 480-312-5000, and they will investigate.

Who do I report barking dogs to?
Please contact the SRCA Homeowner Liaison and they will assess the situation to take further actions.  The City of Scottsdale has a free mediation service that is available to residents of Scottsdale. They have been quite successful in dealing with barking dog issues. For further information, please contact the Citizen Advisory at 480-312-0217.

Who do I call to report a city code violation?
Please call: (480) 312-2546Call Code Enforcement for such things as pool fencing, property upkeep including landscaping, signs.


Landscape & Architectural | FAQ

When is the next Brush Collection?
Residents can place bulk trash in front of their homes for pick up and the city will come by and collect within the designated week. Per the SRCA community rules bulk trash should not be placed at the curb any sooner than the Wednesday before the week of the scheduled pick up. For more information on pick up schedules and guidelines call the city at 480-312-5680 or visit their website at  Scottsdale Ranch is located in Area 3.

I want to paint my house, what colors can I use?
All homes within Scottsdale Ranch must receive SRCA approval prior to beginning house-painting whether you are repainting the same color or choosing a new color.  If you are in a sub-association that is managed by a private management company, you may also need to receive approval from your sub-association.  SRCA will forward your application to your sub-association for review.  Most house painting applications are approved with a very quick turnaround if all the required information is provided.

Who do I call to have a street or sidewalk repair done?
Please call the City of Scottsdale Repair, Field Services office at: 480-312-5620.


Community Center & Private Party | FAQ

Can I come in early just to drop a few things off?
No, the number of hours you reserve the facility for includes drop offs, any vendors (i.e., caterers, event planners) coming and going, set up/decorating, the event itself and clean-up.  Prior to your rental start-time, our staff is working to set-up your floorplan to make sure the facility is in perfect condition for your event.  If you need to store a large item prior to your event, please ask us about our storage fee.

Can I come in on a date before my reservation to view the facility, finalize my floorplan and test equipment?
Yes, in fact we suggest doing so prior to your event date. Plan to do this when our business office is open: Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekends are not available to view the facility as other events may be scheduled and out of respect, we do not allow anyone to interrupt scheduled events.  Call our business office first to ensure the facility is not occupied.

Can I remove the wall art and décor?
No, all décor must remain as is.  If anything is moved or damaged, money may be withheld from your security deposit refund.

Does the waterfall turn off?
Yes, but it does not have other settings; it can only be either on or off. Please make this request at the same time your floor plan is due, which is one month prior to your event reservation.

Can I provide a pontoon ride for my attendees during the event?
Yes, if available, you may rent the pontoon during your event for one or two hours.  Multiple 20-minute rides within a two-hour period can be accommodated, allowing more of your guests to experience Lake Serena.

How can I turn the facility into an outdoor/indoor space, using the patio?
The glass doors along the lake-side of the community center open fully.  On the day of your event, please ask a staff member to assist you.  The open air, outdoor patio is not available from June through September due to high summer temperatures.

Is my Security Deposit included in my rental fees?
No, your security deposit is separate from your rental fees.  Your rental fees are what you pay to use the facility.  The security deposit fee may be fully refunded, pending all agreement terms are met.

Can I reserve the facility for my friend who is not a Scottsdale Ranch resident?
Yes, but you must take full responsibility for your friend.  All documents, communication, payments, etc. are required to come from the SRCA resident.  A cash payment is the only form of payment accepted from a non-resident.  The SRCA resident must be present at the event at all times.

When will I receive my refund?
Please allow 2 – 3 weeks to receive your refund, for all forms of payment. Refund checks must be processed through our accounting office and all cash refunds are processed the same way.  To complete a credit card refund, our office will contact you for credit card information.  For your own protection, we do not keep your credit card information on file.

If I made my reservation for 76 – 125 attendees but less than 75 attended my event, can I be refunded the difference?
No, we do not allow refunds for this reason.  If your event has not occurred yet, and your attendee number has significantly decreased, please contact the SRCA office to discuss prior to your event.

What are the table dimensions and what do they look like?
The floor plan included in the Facility Agreement document lists the available number of chairs and tables and the table dimensions.


Pontoon & Recreation Boats | FAQ

Am I allowed to use the pontoon boat and how much does it cost?
Yes.  Pontoon rides are available for residents’ use. Pontoon rides are $35 for one hour, $50 for two hours and each resident is allowed a complimentary ride every two years.  Prices are different during the Holiday Boat Ride Season and complimentary rides are not available during this season.

Am I eligible for my complimentary pontoon ride?
To find out if you are eligible, please contact the SRCA office.

What are Holiday Boat Rides?
Holiday boat rides are the same as regular pontoon rides but are $30 for 45 minutes.  During the holidays, lakeside homes decorate for the season with outside lights and much more.  Holiday boat rides are available Sunday through Thursday beginning at 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm and 8:00 pm.  Friday and Saturday boat rides, during the holiday season, are regularly priced at $35 for one hour or $50 for two hours.

Is alcohol allowed on the pontoon boat?
Yes, BYOB is allowed on our boat, but no glass please.

How many people does the pontoon seat?
The boat seats up to 9 people.  We provide one driver/captain to equal the maximum capacity of 10 riders at a time.


Lake Serena | FAQ

How deep is the lake?
The lake depth ranges from 5ft to 16ft.

How big is the lake?
Lake Serena is over 42 surface acres with over 5 miles of shoreline.

What kind of fish are in the lake?
There are blue gill, catfish, carp, bass, croppies and minnows.  SRCA stocks the lake twice a year.

Can I fish in the lake?
Yes, residents may apply for a Lake Serena Membership card at no charge.  The card must be in the resident’s possession and visible when using the lake.

Are the fish edible?
Yes, each member or guest with a valid Lake Serena membership card is permitted to take a total of three (3) fish per day for their own consumption.  Catch and release of all fish is strongly encouraged.

Can I use my own boat in the lake?
Yes, though there are restrictions on size and types of boats that are allowed.  Check the SRCA website for details.  Also, a boating identification sticker is required to be displayed on all boats on Lake Serena.  The blue sticker can be obtained from the SRCA Administrative Office at no charge.

Can I launch by own boat from the launch ramp at the SRCA Community Center?
Yes, you may receive a boat launch key by paying a $100 refundable security deposit.  The secured access system is designed to enhance the safety of Lake Serena and to prevent nonresidents from launching from the ramp.

Is it a natural lake?
No, the lake is man-made and well maintained.

Is the lake safe to swim in?
No, NO swimming is allowed.

How many times do you fill the lake?
The lake is filled many times throughout the year with groundwater via our deep well pump and we conduct periodic lake surveys to assess the health of the fish and the water system.

Are paddleboards allowed?
No, they are not.

Living with Wildlife | FAQ

Who do I call to report the presence of bobcats, raccoons, or other wildlife?
As a precaution, do not approach any wild animal, and do not leave pets or small children outside unattended. You can call one of the companies below to have the animal relocated. Don’t allow the animal to make itself comfortable around your house. If you see the animal, spray it with a garden hose, bang pots/pans — anything to make the animal feel uncomfortable around you and your home. You can contact Arizona Game & Fish at 602-942-3000 for additional information.

Following are the numbers of several licensed wildlife control operators (wildlife pest control companies). It is best to call a few and get quotes, information, etc.

All Animal Rescue and Transport 602-923-2278
AZ Game & Fish 24 Hour Dispatch 623-236-7201
Liberty Wildlife 480-998-5550
Fallen Feathers 623-533-2348
SW Wildlife Mammals 480-471-9109

Many of these wild animals are nocturnal, so be considerate of your neighbors before creating a loud noise.

What should I do if I spot a beehive?
Please, for your own safety, consider all bees to be dangerous and do not attempt to remove them yourself. Call a professional.  If the beehive is in an SRCA common area, please call our administrative office at 480-860-2022 with the location of the hive and we will have it removed. If it is after business hours and considered an emergency, please call the SRCA 24-hour answering service at 1-888-271-0019.  If the hive is in a sub-association common area, please contact your sub-association property manager. If the hive is on private property, the owner is responsible for hive removal.  City of Scottsdale Bee Hotline (480) 312-2722.

Communication | FAQ

Does SRCA have my correct mailing address on file?
If you are a resident who does not spend the full year here, please make sure you update your address with our office prior to leaving Scottsdale Ranch.  Though you may update your address with the post office it is not automatically changed in our system when submitting a change of address to the post office, Scottsdale Ranch must be notified as well.  Visit our website at, on the home page to submit an ‘Update Contact Information Form.’ Once you complete and submit the address change, our staff will update accordingly.

Why am I not receiving the SRCA magazine?
Please make sure you have followed the steps above, if applicable.  If not, please contact the SRCA office and ask to speak with the Community Relations Coordinator.  We will put you on a special list that is added to the master mailing list, therefore guaranteeing you will receive the next issue.

Why am I not receiving your email blasts?
Simply go to and complete the ’Sign Up for Weekly Email Blasts’ section on the home page.  If you have multiple emails you would like subscribed, refresh the page and follow the same steps.  Email blasts are sent weekly.

How do I advertise in your magazine?
The SRCA magazine advertising has two options.  (1) You may contact CLC Publications LLC by calling (480) 702-0458 or email  (2) If you are a Mercado at Scottsdale Ranch Merchant you can receive free advertising.  Contact the SRCA Community Relations Coordinator by calling our office.